The From address on the Print actions in the app version of Ultimate Forms is now configurable for site collection administrators. You can still leave it empty to use your own email address. Non-administrator will not be able to configure this address and will always use their own address. This addition applies to the app version only and is not applicable on premises.
For Associated Items column we need to be able to quickly fetch the relevant child items for each parent, so you can create advanced forms with repeating tables. When you have a limited numbr of items, it is not an issue, the query will be perfomed very fast. But as your list grows, SharePoint will have a hard time retrieving the child items for the particular parent among thousand of items in the child list.
This is where indexing can help. When you configure indexed columns, SharePoint is able to perform queries on those columns much quicker. What more, once you reach the throttling threshold of the list, all queries are blocked. Unless you are using indexed columns!
Until now, users had to configure the indexes on their own, which was not very convenient. Now, we added automatic index management mechanism. Whenever you create a new Associated Items column or update an existing one, we will ensure that the column we use for fetching items are properly indexed.
Note: this feature is already available on Office 365. Our on-premises customers will receive the feature in the next release.
Almost all organizations prioritize training their employees. SharePoint is a great place to build and manage your training related information.
Here is an example of how you can build a dynamic solution easily by just using Infowise Ultimate Forms in SharePoint.
This solution allows for management of courses and classes and lets users see individual dashboards and calendars which show only the filtered information that is relevant.
It is easy to get started with a basic system that you can build according to your own organization's needs and then add extra functionality after your system is live.
Let me know if you have any questions on how to go about making a system like this. I'd love your feedback - please send questions to email@example.com.
Linking two lists together using Infowise Associated Items is a powerful tool for simplifying data relationships inside SharePoint. Often it is necessary to pass data from these parent lists to the child lists in order to easily build reports or run Infowise Smart Actions.
In this video I go through a step by step process on how to setup a default values between two lists that have an Infowise Associated Item connection.
We constantly work on improving and expanding the capabilities of Ultimate Forms, ensuring that it's the best platform for your business solution needs. Many of these features are based on our customers' feedback and I would like to sincerely thank you for that!
During the last couple of months, despite the winter holiday season, we released a number of new features:
- Supporting automatic import of data from CSV and TSV files
- Enhancing $GetValue function. Now you are able to select the item, from which to pull a value, not only by ID, but also by any text or numeric field
- Supporting multiple colors in progress bars, even allowing the bar to change color according to value
- Connected Lookup column can now pull data even from large lists, which the regular lookup can't handle. You can use the type-ahead feature to only pull th data when one or more characters are typed, greatly improving performance
- Associated Items Summary columns can now be configured not to perform background calculations. Although it's a great feature, in some scenarios these calculations can update the item in the background while it's already open in the Edit form, causing a save conflict. You now have the flexibility to specify when to run these updates and when not too.
Note that some features first appear in the app version and only later get implemented in the on-premises version. It doesn't mean we are not 100% committed to our on-prem customers, it's just easier to deploy new features to the cloud first, but the two version are kept compatible at all times.